I recently needed to branch off a few libraries to cherry pick some recent changes back to an old product. The following steps for branching are proven to be working:
- clone the project repository to your local pc if not yet;
- cd into the project folder
- branch off the tag (i.e. named “TTT”) and name the branch to xxx (git branch xxx TTT)
- check it out (git checkout XXX)
- push it to origin (git push origin XXX)
And this point, you should be able to see both a remote and local XXX branch and you can start to cherry pick code.